Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

Time flies

Sawasdee happy people! 

I hope everyone has been having an amazing summer and had an even better Fourth of July! Holy 238 years of freedom for this wonderful country, and cheers to many more ;) 

I started off my weekend meeting a beautiful baby girl. One of my forever friends is now a daddy and came an extra day early just so I could hug him and meet his wonderful family. Boyd used to take care of me and my friends when we were freshman in high school. that was 8 years ago and so lucky for his continued friendship! He played a huge roll in my meeting Mitch and it was so nice to all get together for breakfast before flying off to Illinois for the weekend :) 
Photo: Mitch and I met a very special little princess this morning! Had a great breakfast with @jigajboyd &  @bloomin_onion, thanks for making time for us on your trip  #sleepybaby #mybigbroisadaddy #eggandi
This is my best friend Janna :) She is the smartest, strongest, selfless and sweetest woman I know and I am lucky to have her in my life. I am so thankful to have spent this weekend with her! 



She bought us tickets to a baseball game with a gorgeous firework show afterwards
 and I finally got to meet her boyfriend! :) 

Photo
Photo: sparks fly

We spent all day Saturday at a few wineries :) Owl Creek is where I took this one. 5 wine tastings with a free glass! So awesome and I brought Mitch and me a bottle of Bald Knob which is a semi-dry red wine made with Chambourcin grapes and a raspberry finish. So delish! 

Photo

Photo

I had a wonderful weekend and know I am so blessed for this thing that we call life. On our way to the train station at Scott Air Force Base Janna and I had a few conversations during that two hour drive...the one that stuck out the most to me was "Remembering to be 20something."



It's something I've never been good at...acting my age. I grew up learning to just be older...helpful...selfless and cautious. But there's only 7 years left to be 20something. In 8 years I will be 30. 8 years ago I was a freshman in highschool and sometimes that feels like yesterday...are you eating up what I'm dishing out? TIME IS FLYING PEOPLE! 

10 things to stop feeling bad for...you're only 20something!

My twenties will be rad1. Wearing whatever you like 
2. Mornings that start with bloody mary's or mimosas
3. Going out to clubs, parties or bars 
4. Losing toxic friends 
5. Spending alone time 
6. Not rushing into your career or college
7. Staying up too late and going to work tired 
8. Borrowing money from your parents
9. Leaving a job for a relationship or vice versa 
10. Being selfish and putting yourself first

Have fun and enjoy it all while you still have time because life is what you make of it...so embrace it! 

ciao xoxo
coach chey



No comments:

Post a Comment