Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Shabu Stylin'

Sawasdee y'all, 

FIRST OF ALL...How do you like the new setup? I am still working out some kinks but trying to become a blog fashionista is tough. I have been so busy getting cozy back at home in Frisco, TX...apartment hunting, job training, friends and family.

I finally have some down time to give y'all the scoop about a new favorite restaurant of mine! 

Funny story, when my mom came to visit me in Tampa in February for her birthday she wanted to go eat somewhere with a "hot pot"...having no clue what she was talking about and not being from Tampa I Googled "hot pot" and found this (what appeared to be) really amazing chinese restaurant that had hot pots. I was sure I found the right thing. Well we ended up in BFE and I held my taser tight as we walked into this hole in the wall looking like we're going to a steakhouse...my mom made the most of it and we ended up having the best calamari of our lives! Since then she called me just about every week to tell me she couldn't wait to take me to this hot pot place back home. SOOOO happy she took me and I got to learn what a real "hot pot" place was! 

We went to lunch one day at Zhabuki! It's a restaurant off of 75 next to our other favorite place called Zenna...when you walk towards the front entrance there is a beautiful waterfall and Koi-fish  pond! 



The tables that you eat "Hot Pot" at have a stove in the middle of the table. You choose your broth, and pick the ingredients you want to add to your soup. The ingredients are brought out to you and you throw it all into your broth and watch it cook in minutes. The server explains the menu and setup and flavors to the sauces brought to you to make your Shabu the best ever. 
Our Shabu before adding in our ingredients!

With ingredients in! Chicken broth, mushrooms, bok choy, shrimp,
unseasoned chicken, tomato, bean sprouts and egg is all I can remember right now.

Our two favorite items in one dish...Thai Beef Jerky aka Heaven Beef and Papaya Salad with Sticky Rice! 


And last but not least, BOBA THAI ICED TEA!!! 
I had a wonderful experience here and can't wait to have some time to make a trip back! I also plan on saving room for dessert because they have jellies that I grew up on. I love Japanese/Thai infused restaurants! It's so awesome to have the two cultures at one place! If you're looking for something fresh, with plenty of options and very affordable. I highly recommend this place. I love exploring...go check Zhabuki out! 

Ciao,
Coach Chey


No comments:

Post a Comment