Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

Twenty Two :)

I had an amazing birthday weekend thanks to all my new really amazing friends and second family here in Tampa :) Best last weekend here! Next weekend I'll be driving back to Dallas!I definitely plan on coming back to visit, who knows what the future holds!!!
Mitch's Family took me out to a beautiful dinner!
This is his pretty mama!
I'm TWENTY-TWO now guys (too bad I still get asked where my parents or guardians are) BUT I have learned so much throughout the years and I am sure I'll just keep growing and learning more, which is okay with me!

Here's a list of 22 things I've learned during this journey!
1. Solitude could not be a more perfect gift. Absolutely in love with spending quality time by
myself.
2. The only person in charge of your happiness is you. You get to decide what effects you emotionally. If someone cuts you in line, it's not their decision to cut you in line that upsets you, it's your reaction to their poor manners. Shrug it off and be patient or blow up and cause a scene. Which one do you think will make you a better person at the end of the day? YOU are in charge ;)
3. It's all about progress not perfection...this has become my new mantra. Not sure where I even picked it up but I love saying this whether it's during a workout, yoga sesh or just talking myself through a rough time. Life is about patience and just letting the pieces fall where they may.
4. Missing someone is a good thing. If they're worth missing, they're special. And you don't have to talk to them every single second of the day. Remember a long long time ago when cell phones and Internet didn't exist? Our ancestors had to go a whole 12 to 14 hour work day without speaking to one another!! No texting, no phone calls, and letters took forever if they were kickin' it long distance. AND their marriages lasted longer back then! (Okay so I'm still figuring this one out, because I obviously have my days, but the fact that I even came to terms with this is a good thing, right?)
5. I think it's so important to do good in the community. Not only is it awesome to do, but it makes you feel awesome! Volunteering is actually something I have become passionate about and I hope to do more when I am back home. If every single person (that is over 7 billion people in this world) could do one TINY act of kindness, give back, or pay it forward...our world would indefinitely be a better place. Not everyone might feel that way or feel that what they do even makes a difference, but if I can change at least ONE person's life, you bet your bottom dollar I will always try. Think of what your selflessness could do, how sharing a piece of you, your knowledge, love and happiness could remind somebody that they have purpose, they are important, and they are needed :)
6. That brings me to the fact that there are SO many wonderfully beautifully unique people in this world. So many potential conversations to happen. Make them happen more often. Put the phone down. Ask someone how their day is going. Smile and wave and shake hands. Make eye contact. Make more friends...even if it's just a friend for 2 minutes!
7. The right people and the right situations always happen when they should.
Timing is everything :)
8. I am not ready for children. I love children. I love explaining things to kiddos and doing fun things with them but as far as 24/7 being responsible for another human being. I feel bad not giving Boss attention sometimes...I am definitely not ready to focus solely on a little person who needs me for everything.
Janna got me this for my birthday!
9.  I want to do more traveling! I've got some wander-lust in me for sure!
10. I'm really interested in Greek Mythology. I used to read about it all the time when I was younger and I stopped. I plan on brushing up on the Greek gods soon! More specifically I am interested in the Greek word "Makarios" which is where the term "to be blessed" came from. It actually means "to be happy or blissful, but it also means a self-contained happiness." So pretty much this goes back to my second point...that being happy comes from within :)

11. Not only do I want a lover in a partner but I want a fighter also. I know that sounds strange, but I want someone who is going to put me in my place and keep me on my toes. As long as we have most of the same hobbies, have intelligent conversations and our chemistry is indescribable then things will always be okay. But I also want to be introduced to new activities, discuss different ideas and feel pursued but independent and respectful of eachother! And when I get moody or start to stray away from myself, I want someone who is going to remind me what it is about me that makes me who I am. Someone who's going to embrace everything about me, good or bad, especially during the growing pains, because who you were at 18 is different than who you are at 25. Somebody who is worth fighting with in the first place, because there will always be that push and pull. As long as they're the only person you find worthy of making up with...things will always work out! The good parts are easy; it's when it's tough that I want someone the most...that's why I want a fighter, because I know they'll always fight for me, for themselves and for us.
12. Being mysterious is good.
13. I talk A LOT...actually that's something I already knew.
14. Some people just care about making money. But money doesn't make the world go round. Changing someone's life does...and you can't put a price on that.

15. Home is totally where the heart is.
16. A dog is the bestest friend a girl could ever have. Better than diamonds.
17. Drink LOTS of water and always bring extra clothes and food.
Sportsfest 2014 :)
18. Squat jumps fo' lyfe' and burpees and mt. climbers. In fact you don't even need weights. Just Tabata. (Just kidding...kinda...you don't know me, you don't know my life...) this one's for LT aka terminator aka Lauren Lucifer (my wonderful mentor, trainer, future bridesmaid, mmmm better not friend that I am going to miss so much and I'm so thankful to have met and will DEFINITELY be coming back to visit SOONER than later! She has had the best effect on myself as a Coach. I will forever be indebted to her for helping me find my backbone and train people the way they need to be trained...with lots of love and pain!
Ps: I made this number 18 because of her obsession with 8
19. Mikey taught me that reaching out to people and asking if they need anything shows your open and willing to teach.  Being able to train a variety of levels allows you to just become that much better of a coach! Also asking questions and being enthusiastic even when you're not having the best day is important. I think I've finally mastered the high five also...and I am thankful for that migraine induced 3 mile run we went on in the blazing heat that one day where you pushed me to keep going. So that definitely taught me to ask questions BEFORE starting anything so I don't die. Wish I had known it was 3 miles when we started.
20. I don't really like to drink anymore. I could probably count on both of my hands how many drinks I've had in the 4 months since I've been staying here. So happy I've kicked that habit, because it's a downer anyways and it causes weight gain, mood swings, liver probs, dehydration, depression, bad decisions, etc.
21. It's a small world...after all. *chuckles*
22. I can't wait to get certified and continue to kick my own butt and other people's butts to get stronger and better and build confidence! Your mind gives up before your body does. Tell yourself you can do it, and anything is possible!
There ya have it :) 22 things I learned in the Sunshine State...all by myself!
Ciao xoxo,
Coach Chey

No comments:

Post a Comment