Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Fools & National Walking Day!!!

Sawasdee fools,

April is here and already being the best birthday month there is, bringing me lots of good luck! 
I was so so blessed to be selected and interviewed for the Spring 2014 Health Studies Newsletter at Texas Woman's University!

"Health Studies Happenings is a newsletter publication of the Department of Health Studies here at Texas Woman's University. It is published twice annually in the Fall and Spring."

Who knew that updating this blog with different tips and advice and just the way I think and see the world could be so rewarding. My passion for helping others continues to encourage me to keep doing what I'm doing!!

You can see the newsletter here: Health Studies Happenings Click on the link in the newsletter and check out what I said :)

Also, I have been trying to get the chain replaced to the necklace I got for valentines day last year since it broke. At first the lady at Sam's got a little anxious and her tone wasn't agreeable. Since I hate being yelled at she could tell I was shutting down and immediately changed her tone, spoke to me super nice and took down my information and made copies to contact me tomorrow. Great turnaround and customer service. She immediately turned my night around and I hope to get this figured out soon. See I went a few weeks ago and they did a return/exchange on it. Realizing I didn't have a chain to give them, they said they couldn't do anything. So here I am with receipts saying I made a return but I didn't and my original receipt is now written on saying it was made...soooo it's kinda a headache but there are worst things in the world to worry about and I am one lucky girl to have a diamond necklace to cause me so much grief in the first place ;)



DINNER TIME! 
Displaying PhotoGrid_1396401648947.jpg
Before I go on a Calorie rant...my dinner was the BOMB.COM! 
2 cups of tossed salad
2 TBSP of Olive Garden Dressing
1 slice of Wheat bread 
1 triangle of Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese Spread
1 Egg White 

VS 
1 Cheeseburger...boring

So I eat like 6 meals a day. They range from 250-300 calories per meal. I don't do it on purpose it's just what I notice I need to maintain life during the day. I never actually count my calories (I did for this little experiment bc I wanted to compare it to a normal fast food item) and I just eat what I want when I want...but I crave healthy foods. I really wanted a salad tonight!!! 

You HAVE to remember that calories are ENERGY...So don't get so obsessed with calorie counting. Put the good stuff in your body and the results will show...starving yourself is keeping your body driving on E! We NEED calories. Yea I just said that, NEED. NECESSARY. MUST EAT. If you don't eat you won't have energy, then you won't want to do anything especially work out at that and then your binging at night because you starved and you go to sleep and starve yourself again for another 8 hours and then you wakeup and skip breakfast because you don't want the "extra calories"...

In order to maintain the way I look, I need to eat around 1300 calories. It's my BMR (I can help you find yours if you need the formula!!) but I just said I eat SIX 250-300 calories meals a day...so you did the math...that's around 1500-1800 calories a day which is 500 over. SO why am I not gaining anything? BC I workout also. So I'm USING the energy I put in my body :) 

See how it all comes full circle. Just eat healthy. Every 2-3 hours. No low carb, low fat, low calorie BS.
 Just eat your fruits and veggies and chicken aka carbs, fiber, and protein. 

Rant over :) Thanks for reading! 

APRIL 2ND IS NATIONAL WALKING DAY!!
How many steps will YOU take to a healthier life? 

Ciao xoxo,
Coach Chey

No comments:

Post a Comment