Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Shambles.


In crisis or times of great uncertainty be very mindful of your comforts and their purpose. They exist to support you in dealing with life, not to help you check out of it. Support is progressive. Checking out is recessive.
All your life you talk about what you are going to be when you grow up. Before you even step foot in elementary school you're rambling words like firefighter, teacher, singer, or doctor. You grow up continuing to look forward to the day you actually get to BE something.

But for so many years, you get the easy part. The part where you just talk about what you're going to grow up and be. You don't have to actually be it. And then one day...you're there. You're 7 weeks away from graduating college or you're about to celebrate 24 beautiful years of life and you're like...um, now what?

I'm done. I've fulfilled my commitment to my parents. I get to walk across that stage for a piece of paper in hopes that the future will figure itself out now.

I don't want to go back to waiting tables. But I am fresh out of college. With barely any experience and no clue who's going to want to hire me to run an entire wellness program. I have the confidence that I'd be a pretty awesome corporate wellness coordinator...but that's besides that point. I don't get to be the judge of that. all of these job postings want someone who has 3 or more years of experience and HELLO, I'm a newbie. And how am I supposed to get any experience if no one will give me any for not having any in the first place. ugh.

So now here I am, completely uncertain about my future. When all my life, I planned everything. Which was silly anyways because it never worked out exactly the way I planned but at least I created goals for myself, right? Which most of my goals I have been pretty good at reaching. But now I don't know what goals to make. Where to make them or if they're the right ones to make.

But my dad (those darn parents who are unfortunately right about almost everything) said something the other day...

If you don't try, you're 100% likely to miss out. so I guess now all I can do is try? Because that's better than sitting on my butt hoping my future will unravel itself in front of me.

Once again, take me back to the days when eating PB&J or Mac N Cheese for dinner was my hardest decision in life.

xoxo ciao,
Cheyenne 


1 comment:

  1. Your dad is right! (and mine is always right too!). Everyone has to start from somewhere and move up. Usually your first job isn't your dream job... But you work towards it. And you figure out everything as you go along. I am pretty sure the rest of my life I will be 'figuring it out' because life is always changing... Jobs, marriage, kids,... You will be clueless and once you figure it out, something changes and you start a new clueless stage. But it is fun and exciting! Good luck with your job search!

    ReplyDelete