Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Random Ramblings, Recipes, and Real Results

Sawasdee superstars,

I have been super busy these past few weeks. Wrapped up a wonderful event on March 21st and now onto my last and final project at Verizon! I am no longer an "intern"! Since I've completed my 360 hours, they now refer to me a "Sub" but mostly just "Coach Chey" or Chy-Town or Chy-Chy or Tiny or...I have accumulated many nicknames and they took out the "E" in the first half of my name lol.

Our Shamrock Run was a success and not only did the new Florida Region President, Mariano Legaz, come out to participate in our run (and got roughly a 19min 5K *BEAST*) but I was very fortunate to spend the week with South Sr. Area Coach Donna Sumner. It was so great meeting her and hearing how she found this career. AND to top it off we were featured on TWO local news stations! All 4 vendors I contacted came out and it was a great turnout! So proud of everyone who participated and got active and so honored to witness a company who cares enough to shut down for a few hours to instill the importance of physical activity and wellness.


I contacted American Red Cross, American Diabetes Association, Florida Health Department of Hillsborough County, and Susan G. Komen came out to raise awareness while Fit2Run and Smoothie King provided coupons. Thanks everyone!

As I am updating my blog, I'm also MEAL PREPPING! Because it's Sunday and I haven't been as game on my diet as normal. Sorry but I'm faulty too and emotional eating is my enemy...Anyways I am making Garlic/Brown Sugar Shrimp & Salmon and MexiCorn (red/green pepper mixed with corn) and Turkey Sausage. Both will be served with Brown Rice!

Here's one recipe, I subbed the chicken for salmon and shrimp bc I didn't feel like spending money when I already have awesome protein in the casa. Turned out delish anyways!!! http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-garlic-chicken-5478
And if you're hating on me cuz of the brown sugar...a girl's gotta live! Read below----->>>>
http://www.livestrong.com/article/557225-what-are-the-benefits-of-brown-sugar-vs-white-sugar/




Other Recipe***Add one clove of minced garlic with 1 TBSP of Olive Oil and then mix it all up in the pan! Corn is full of vitamins (niacin, vitamin c, folic acid...to name a few), full of fiber, and is a starchy vegetable meaning it's a complex carb so you could totally leave out the brown rice and wrap this up in some leafy green lettuce to keep your carbs low. Remember complex carbs are good for you though, especially when you are using up your carbs aka ENERGY ;)

See how easy that was. While the rice cooks, the shrimp/salmon are baking and the other meal is actually already done and waiting to be paired in containers for final landing in the fridge. (30 minutes of my life, oh man, how ever will I get my time back?) JK JK but seriously.


I also promised this recipe a while back...the banana bread nomness I made and ate in like 2 days (shared with fellow coaches of course)

  • 3 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1 serving of light & fit blueberry greek yogurt 
  • 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 2 scoops of Muscle Gain Chocolate Protein 
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • Sprinkled on top is Berkeley & Jensen Granola with berries & 10 essential vitamins 
  • Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit! NOMNESS. YOU'RE WELCOME.

 I must share my 41 year old mommy's results! 

Advocare 24 Day Challenge COMPLETED! 
Now she just continues her MNS & drinks her Spark until her body is ready for an oil change in another 90 days! I also suggested some Carb-Ease (white bean extract which slows down the body from making carbs into sugar & helps with blood sugar also) for those cheat meals since my momma loves a good cheat and to continue her Catalyst (amino acids) religiously  to keep her body closer and closer to toned!

So proud of her healthy choices. She quit smoking 2 years ago and thanks to me and my brother being "health nuts" as she refers us to now, she and my dad are on their way to looking, feeling, and living younger!! She told me the other day we inspire her and she wants to be around long enough to see us grow and play with her grandbabies one day. SOOO SWEET <3 and awesome that I get to teach my parents something for a change.

Check out Your Ticket to your Health Goals! and email me at advochey@gmail.com if you are interested in changing your life too :)

Thanks for reading and hope you gained some healthy and happy knowledge. Keep up the good work and always shoot for your NEXT best :) Check out elevatelife.com for some great messages. Pastor Keith always delivers!!

Ciao XoXo,
Coach Chey

No comments:

Post a Comment