Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

From Coach to Chair

Sawasdee on this Sunday! 

I actually just finished a 10 day cleanse last week and lost 5 lbs...it's nice slowly getting back to my pre desk job body tone...but it's taken consistency and figuring out what works for me as I adjust to this sedentary lifestyle. 

I have to remind myself I went from teaching 2-3 group exercise classes and having 5-6 personal training sessions with members to sitting for 8 hours a day. I have to remind myself it's important to make time for me to be active and I finally relate to all my members when I was working as a corporate health and wellness coach. It is so hard sometimes to make the time. Sitting can really exhaust your body. 

I have to remind myself it's okay to slip up and miss a workout. That it's okay and I look FINE and that I'm happy. But I also have to remind myself to drink more water, eat more often, and get something anything even just a 10 minute walk in a day...

What has been working for me though is every morning I either have breakfast or a shake to start my day along with a Spark & these three supplements. 
- ThermoPlus converts fat to energy. 
- Catalyst starves the fat & feeds my muscle.
-OmegaPlex is for my hair, skin, nails, brain, and overall wellness. 

This has been the regimen lately. The shakes are so convenient and easy and have 26 vitamins/minerals, 50% of my daily calcium intake, 24 grams of protein, 24 grams of carbs, and 4 grams of dietary fiber...PROTEIN & FIBER are so important to jumpstart your metabolism for the day. 

I also make it a point to go to yoga 1-2x a week, have 1-2 at home Tabata seshes in my living room, and run a mile 3x a week. If I'm lucky I get a major lift sesh in the gym and man it feels good to be a gangster on those days. I have to make the goals smaller so I don't feel so defeated if I can't get to all of them...it kills me I don't have 3hrs a day to just lift, burn, crunch, and stretch anymore but I have the ability to do SOMETHING so that's what I'm going to focus on. 


Focus on the small changes you can make and what you do have control over or can take back control over. Know the risks of not being active and making unhealthy eating choices but also remember to live and accept you are human. Mental wellbeing is just as important and to not beat yourself up all the time if you slip or become obsessed with unneccary evils like specific ingredients or working out like a maniac or what your weight is at every day! Take a break from analyzing a nutrition label, living at the gym, and hopping on the scale every hour on the hour. 

Just continue to show yourself you care about and love the you you're working on and the pieces will fall where they may and you'll notice changes in all directions of your life...it starts from within though! Keep up that journey of yours, because I know, THE STRUGGLE IS REAL & Pizza is too good to pass up...speaking of, this is what was for dinner tonight (with CARB EASE of course):


Life's about balance ;) Progress. Not perfection. Never forget that! 

Ciao xoxo,
Coach Chey

No comments:

Post a Comment