Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

WHY?!

In the business of changing lives.  Adamson Bros Brazilian Jiu Jitsu | Seaside BJJ | orbjj.com | 30 Days Free! Building Life Champions


Sawasdee sweethearts :)

I've been MIA from my blog! I can't wait to have the time freedom to really make something more out of this blog. I have a lot of thoughts so prepare for a long post.

I really don't even know where to start. I guess it all started with a night I was at TJ Maxx. I was looking through workout clothes (bc you can never have enough!) and this little girl is running around, laughing, just being a kid. Obviously every parent's worst nightmare is losing their kid. But when I heard this mother yell at her daughter, it was different. It was frustrating and it hurt me to hear her talk to her in the tone I heard. She exclaimed, "But I'm playing mommy." and when the little girl finally made her way back to her mom, she was greeted with a hard slap on the butt and her mom said coldly to her daughter "good job, you're stuck with me now". With big puffy eyes and a tiny voice asking "why?"(because here this little girl just thought she was having the time of her life, not causing any harm), her mom said the infamous words..."because she said so."

But WHY did she say so? WHY wasn't she allowed to run around the store? WHY did she have to stay close to her mom? (think as if you're little and don't realize what you're doing)

If her mom had taken the time and patience to explain to her daughter why running around the store isn't okay and how it's important to stay close to her instead, it probably would've made more sense to the little girl. She would've learned her lesson a little better and realize the purpose of it all. It wouldn't be confusing to her why having fun was so...wrong.

Instead the conversation could have went like this: 

Mom: Hey honey come over here please!
Daughter: But why mommy, I'm having fun?
Mom: Well baby, when mommy can't see you, it scares her. I love you and don't want to lose you sweet girl. Daughter: You won't lose me, I'll stay close.
Mom: Yes but all these clothes everywhere you can get lost in them. Come here (holds out hand), hold my hand so I can make sure we get to leave together and can play when we get home.

Obviously I'm not a parent but think about it, if you took the time to explain "WHY", it means so much more than "just because".

So don't live "just because", figure out your why...why are you here, what is your purpose, what do you want out of life, who do you want to be. Why do you wake up everyday? Why do you eat what you eat? Why do you want to be better, live better, love better, and have better?

I realize how random that might all sound but I promise there's a connection.

Recently I started forgetting about my why. I started getting impatient and not wanting to take the time it takes to make my why possible. I started going back into my shell...I started feeling overwhelmed and wondering if it is all worth it.Why did I choose a lifestyle/career in health and wellness? Why am I so passionate about spreading good vibes and peaceful thoughts? Why do I continue to work so hard on my patience? Why do I care about others so much? Why is my heart still so big despite everything I've been through?

Well I found my WHY again guys!!! It's because I want to witness miracles, big or small. I want to inspire others and let me tell you some of the messages I've been getting have been way more encouraging then you would ever guess so thank you to the people who've reached out through messages, comments, anything!

I used to think I was annoying the crap out of people with all my "healthy posts" or "progress pics" and I may still be annoying some of you but there are people who tell me that they really take what I put out there and apply it to their life which is so crazy inspiring to me! Because I've been doing something that's out of my comfort zone for me. Blowing up news feeds with posts, talking about myself, finding confidence...still so brand new to me but doing all these different things means I get to help people.

Thinking about how selfish it would be to keep some things to myself, takes the idea of being annoying away and transforms it into changing someone's life...

...especially when someone thanks you for your post because they got a great workout from it, or when someone messages you telling you you're a true testimony of working hard and reaching goals, or when someone tells you they always look for the recipes or food you post because they like to learn from it or just when someone reaches out and says "Hey you seem really happy and I love it, it's so motivating! Keep it up." If I had stayed in my shell, stayed selfish and decided not to share that one post, someone would've missed out on a good workout, good healthy meal idea or maybe their bad day wouldn't have been turned around?

LIKE WHAT? THIS IS SO CRAZY TO ME...never in a million years would I think that what I do in my everyday life even mattered or could impact someone...or anyone at that!

I never realized that some people actually enjoy what I do! So I'm going to do a better job at sharing more of my lifestyle because even if it's just a handful of lives I can change, no more being selfish and uncomfortable :)

/

SO I GUESS WHERE I'M GETTING AT IS TAKE THE TIME AND PATIENCE TO EXPLAIN TO YOURSELF WHY YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING. DO SOMETHING COMPLETELY UNCOMFORTABLE, FOREIGN AND OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE,

BECAUSE YOU'LL DO TWO THINGS...

1. YOU'LL GROW
2. YOU'LL CHANGE A LIFE (even if it's just one) 

Thanks to the people who help me remember my why, my purpose, why I was born and put on this earth to serve! It makes living "just because" so much more extraordinary and so much less confusing...and it means more than you'll ever even know <3


xoxo ciao,
Cheyenne Peluso

No comments:

Post a Comment