Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Sometimes you don't have to say "I'm sorry"

Sawasdee long time no see!!

I've learned a different outlook on something! Or maybe just reconnected with this idea?! Either way, as I'm listening to "Sugar" by Maroon 5 and thinking about how I want my wedding song dance to be to this song instead of something slow and boring (random) on my way home from work lastnight, it popped up in my head...the ratio of people who have reacted with "I'm sorry!" to recent changes in my life are way more compared to those who either a) ask what happened, b) tell me they're proud of me & c) high five, hug, congratulate, clap & love on me. I don't know why people don't congratulate eachother more often on endings...I know I know that sounds so weird and wrong, but it's true.

5 reasons why you don't have to say "I'm Sorry!"

1. There's nothing to be sorry about.
I know that it's the first thing that pops up in your head to say but no matter what you say, you're not the one who put me down or made me feel less than. And even if those people knew how I was feeling; people don't change & you don't forget how someone made you feel. So instead of immediately responding sorry to a situation you had no responsibility or control over, you should...

2. Ask me how I'm feeling first.
Maybe, just maybe I had more to say before you laid a big fat I'm Sorry on me. Like how excited I am or how I've never felt so happy before. Maybe I want to tell you how refreshing I feel knowing that I've given myself more...more opportunity, more happiness, more self esteem and more self worth and respect. Or even how thankful I am for the experience and strength I'm gaining everyday. Because everyday I'm getting wiser and closer to reaching new heights. Or maybe I'm telling you about my dog or friend or family member passing away and I want to keep telling you stories about them or our great times. Or maybe I'd just rather you shoot out some good vibes despite my news and remind me to think good thoughts.

3. Change isn't always a bad thing.
Simple as that. Butterflies are beautiful after the change they undergo from a catapillar to a cocoon to absolutely effortless beauty. Sometimes making adjustments to you and your life for improvement purposes is a beautiful thing. Maybe I wanted change...so why would you be sorry for me if I wanted it?! 

4. Endings mean new beginnings & fresh starts.
The fact that I have the potential to take from my experience and have a fresh start is exciting. When a sunset happens, the stars come out to shine, and when the stars begin to fade the sun comes back to light up the world. A day in itself is a constant end and beginning. This new life and new set of rules I can make and new potential, wouldn't and couldn't happen without something else ending.

5. Everything happens for a reason.
This is almost better to hear than "I'm sorry!" but it really does (all happen for a greater purpose). And I don't need the sympathy because I know God has HUGE plans for me and learning to let go of endings and embrace new beginnings is the reason why I don't need you to say I'm sorry. I need you to just ask how I'm feeling and listen. I don't need your advice, how you think I should feel or what I should do, or judgement. Just an open heart, arms & mind.
 And instead of responding with sorry--be excited for the doors that just opened because one closed!
So far 2015 has been full of life-changing moments and it's only been 2 months!
  • I chose to start focusing on me after four years of trying to make the most of a situation that wasn't going to get better.
  • And I start my adventure into a new career path in March!
That Sugar song had me thinking how exciting it'll be to have someone feel that way about me one day :) and how proud I am for being open to the possibility of being adored. Whether it's just me myself and I for a while or the opportunity presents itself...it's all about those new beginning! I guess that song is what sparked all of these random thoughts.

Sometimes people really do have happy endings...and they want you to be happy for them, too.

xoxo ciao,
Cheyenne

No comments:

Post a Comment